Life hacks: laundry
Doing the laundry is a never-ending job which most of us don’t particularly enjoy! But simply incorporating a few of the following hacks can make your life a whole lot easier.
• Sort clothes as you go, allocating them into separate bags for different loads, turn clothes inside out and check pockets so that you are ready and raring to go when the time comes.
• Use high efficiency detergent pods or capsules which include the right amount of detergent, colour catcher and conditioner all in one go. This saves on prep time pouring different products in different quantities into the washer and also saves on space for storage.
• Keep your washing machine clean by adding white wine vinegar and baking soda to the dispenser instead of detergent and running on the hottest cycle. This will neutralise the pH of the machine and have a scrubbing effect on the drum.
• Use Regina Blitz to soak up any residual water around the door seal after each wash and you’ll help to prevent nasty odours and bacteria forming.
• Apart from whites, don’t wash anything in hot water as this will set in stains and fade colours. Keep it cold or lukewarm and you’ll save time and energy with your wash.
• Place socks in a washing bag to prevent them getting lost and regularly check behind the lining of your washer which is located around the door seal and the drum for small items which can get trapped.
• As well as being a great natural solution to cleaning your machine, white wine vinegar added to the washer dispenser with the detergent helps to prevent the build-up of smells and increases the absorbency of towels so that they last longer.
• Make the laundry a team effort and get your kids to fold their own clothes. Incorporate games to make it fun and give them incentives to put their clothes away, like treats and extra play time.
Before you know it the laundry will be under control and you’ll have more time to put your feet up and relax.