Reduce, reuse and recycle!
Christmas is approaching and with it the period of unbridled shopping to find the best gift for your loved ones. In November, there’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday, two days of sales that help increase your shopping habits. However, with shopping also comes waste.
About 38,000 miles of ribbon of ribbon is used each year during Christmas, which is long enough to wrap around the Earth! So, the important thing is to think green: reduce, reuse and recycle!
Here are some tips for a more sustainable festive season:
• Gift experiences rather than things your loved ones don’t need
• Use your DIY skills to craft unique gifts
• Wrap your presents using recyclable materials
• Make a list before heading to the shops, this will help ensure you won’t buy more than what you need
• Donate the clothes that have been sitting in your wardrobe for too long to charity
• Also browse charity shops and buy second hand.